2.26.2010

Their Hearts grew 3 sizes that day...

I am proud to say that the much desired Layla Grace dress has SOLD OUT!!  ....
In a perfect world Momi would be calling overseas to their manufacturer telling them to spit out a few thousand more, but...Momi has not come to that point quite yet and not sure how, or if I ever will! However, I am happy to pour my heart & soul into the $808 worth of Layla Grace dresses that have been purchased! 

 All of the proceeds have been sent directly to Layla Grace.  If you would like to make a donation to this family just simply go to their website at http://www.laylagrace.org/ & click on the "About" tab.  You can also read her story here which I would strongly suggest.  I think we all know that money can not heal a heartache & possessions can not ease the pain but all of the love, generosity, support,  encouragment surrounding  Layla & the entire Marsh family will surely help to carry them through this time.  A huge heartfelt thank you to all of you who are carrying this family in your deepest thoughts & to the lovely ladies who loved themselves a Layla Grace dress :)

I know that some of you have been asking how I ever found out about Layla.  It was just about a year ago that Layla's mommy became a Momi fan. She came in one day & nearly wiped my shop out..I just about fell off my chair.  A few weeks later I received an email from her of her sweet sweet girls in their Momi boutique. (p.s. I did not make the outfit on the right)  Since that day I can't help but always think of Layla as the little girl in the stroller, snacking on goldfish in her sock monkey suit :)  Her two youngest are just about the same ages as Lily & Leah so we were standing on common ground and always had positive vibes.  It was about a month or so later I ran a special on my blog offering a discount on your favorite Momi item if you blogged about Momi boutique!  Once again Shanna nearly sent me right off my chair.  At the time she owned a website called Baby Wears Prada.  She wrote up this OVER THE TOP, unbelievable review about Momi boutique. I can't recall the exact words because it was quite long but..how does that famous quote go...people will forget what you said but, they will never forget how you made them feel.... I would go to that site sometimes 2 or 3 times a day for a self esteem boost.  She truly helped to strengthen my soul & made me feel that yes, Momi boutique does shine through the other 14,567 custom boutique listings on etsy.  Since that day I always hoped that I could in some way make her feel as important as she made me feel.  Although the circumstances are not ideal, I will try in every way that I am capable to spread the encouragement, love, & "On top of the world" feeling to her & her family.

p.s.  If time is on my side in the future I may do another fundraiser for my special Momi girl that captivates my heart. However, it will have to be on a day that my husband does not ask me on his way out the door..."are you going through menopause"?..as he did today! Might I add Mr. Momi is a man of very few words, his words are always kind, however, today I took his off the beaten path choice of words & used them as my voice of reason to tell myself..yes Rachel, you are officially maxed out time wise.

Have a wonderful weekend & keep sending your positive vibes to the heart of Texas!

2 comments:

Mande said...

Rachel, You are a beautiful soul and I feel so blessed to know you. You put your heart into your work and your passion and drive is contagious. So glad you had such a fantastic outpour of support for such a sweet baby girl and her family.

Laurel H. said...

It was nice to meet you yesterday in D-----. Love the website and the inventory! If my girls were still little, I'd be SO buying some. :) Blessings!

http://LivelyStitches.blogspot.com