2.19.2010

A series of events...


I have been bouncing words around in my head for the past few days.  Sure I could go on about the 2 new designs that I released in my shop yesterday...or that miraculously out of nowhere the wildflower fabric that I had been so seeking FOREVER appeared in my local fabric shop.  I could tell the world to chalk me up on the list of girls that Jon Gosselin lied to and that I will probably never see my New York City trip..P.S. next time there is a blizzard I will be sure to park his car that is in my garage, in the street. 
Or maybe you would all like to know that my resent frequenting of a local fabric shop that I used to work for from ages 13-21 has seriously paid off and they set me up with the wised owl in the tree when it comes to the fashion industry. Maybe you will be as excited as I am if I tell you that he has seen the ins & outs, ups & downs of the industry, used to own his own factory, worked with designers in New York, Victoria's Secret, Juicy couture, and Capezio..to name a few.  He has seen the industry overseas, is a pattern maker, has a studio with cutting equipment, and has a serious team of sewers that he can call in at any given moment.  Maybe you will be excited to know that I already have him working on something fabulous.  He is the leverage I need to seriously make it happen, expand my line, create a momi empire.  If I don't take this opportunity & run with it, I'm a complete fool. 

But, when it comes down to brass taxes, right now, none of that is at the top of my priority list.

Almost 3 years ago I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding.  During my speech I included her favorite quote..

"One day can make your life, One day can break your life. All life is, is four or five days that change everything"

If I could change the words of that quote around and have it apply to people, rather than days...I would say that Layla Grace is definately one of my four or five people that changed everything.

There is not a moment that goes by when I am sitting at my sewing machines she is not running through my mind. This little bundle of love has managed to rock all of our worlds.  It is almost a daily occurence that I get an email from a MOMI mom saying how she can't stop thinking about Layla or she cried on the way to work, or my best friend/graphic designer who says she was crying AT work. 
If you have no idea where I am coming from, might I just say...go to this link and scroll down a few, click the play button and have yourself a look...(make sure the volume is on)

I think it's safe to say, that at the end of the day, you've got us all on our knees Layla.
Still hoping everyday for a miracle!!



5 comments:

JvlBadgerFan said...

I too have followed Layla's story since you first mentioned it here. Then I shared her story with friends and family and now we are ALL praying for her and her family.

Krissy said...

Layla is in my prayers and her story is a great inspiration and treasure to all, especially moms, who have taken the time to read and pray for your precious girl.

Nikki said...

I know how you feel. I've brought a few of my friends into Layla's prayer circle as we were having our weekly sewing night last night she came up. All of us recently lost a very good friend and extremely devoted man of God to cancer this summer at the age of 32. That rocked our faith for sure. Moments like these are just so incomprehensible you don't know which way is up or down. Layla has shown amazing courage and strength and has touched so many people's lives with her story and her life. We are praying for her everyday. As a mother myself I can't even begin to imagine the heartbreak, but without knowing her personally we all love Layla deeply and like you said we are all on our knees beseeching a miracle.

Sarah Cline said...

Awesome blog rachel! You are such an awesome designer and I know you will go far! YOU ROCK! I can't wait to see your mommy Momi dress!

Layla Grace does have thousands of people on their knees absolutely praying for a miracle! I hope we get pics of her in your I'm a fairy she's a princess dress!!!

Hallie Marie said...

layla is an amazing person with a divine purpose!

i can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!