4.21.2009

Think Pink.....




I have a confession...Ok here it goes...
A long time ago in a far away land (did I tell you my best friend told me I should write a book haha) on with my story..in a far away land called Hawaii, Pearl City, to be exact...a girl started her own clothing line. (ok yes, that was me!) I felt unclever & uninspired when it came to giving a name to my custom line of clothing. I tossed around a few ideas but, nothing seemed to suit. I was unsuitable. I consoled in a dear friend who turned me on to the word "momi". Now let it be known that momi is not pronounced Mommy...if you are familiar with the Hawaiian islands than you may know that momi, pronounced moh-mee, is a Hawaiian word for pearl...yes the rare...beautiful...genuine round gemstone found in oysters. Now it's all starting to make sense, right? Back to my dear friend, on a drive home from the beach she says "I always really liked the word momi...it's little & cute! I can see it now, one day you can have Pink momi & Blue momi, & little Momi shoes" The fountains shot up around me, the heavens opened & alas I felt complete. I thought, hmm, sounds chic/modern/cute..kind of a little bit of everything all rolled into one...it definitely suited the unsuitable! One thing led to another & momi became MOMI boutique. Every now & then I start thinking longterm & wonder if momi boutique would really suit if seen in a brick & mortar boutique (a real store). Now, if I open my own Momi boutique on the streets of Waikiki like I dream...then it will definitely work, however, in the back of my mind I have always loved pink momi (get it? pink pearl?..I knew you were quick!)....I just really didn't know what to do with her......
Well, let it be known that I do now hold all rights to the user name pinkmomi on etsy & I have a few ideas of what I may do with her but, I would LOVE some imput from my most valued opinions....yours! You can email me at momi_boutique@hotmail.com or comment my blog!
Now don't forget to wear your Mother nature dresses tomorrow for Earth day!
The first 5 ladies to purchase Momi boutique's "Save the Rainforest" dress will be given the option to add bamboo large ruffle bottoms for just $7 & a custom Save the Rainforest peasant top for $18! These two special pieces will only be available to the first 5 buyers tomorrow on Earth Day! Be quick & don't miss out!

p.s. i know i said promos will no longer be on my blog but, I'm feeling a bit lazy at the moment so I broke the rules

3 comments:

karidurbin said...

I can't wait to see what you put in Pink Momi! In fact, I became the first one to add it is a favorite!

Britney said...

Wow Rachel! What exciting news!!! I loved hearing a little back story to your clothing line and how you got the name. Thank you for the correct pronunciation. I was calling it "mommy".
As far as your new pink momi store. What about bows, hats, headwraps? More accessories maybe? Too fun!

Brandie said...

What a fun story! I can absolutely relate. I came up with my biz name right away and absolutely love it but I wonder how it will fit with some other things i would like to do in the future. I'm thinking of having it be one of the brands under my umbrella biz name. Now what to name that? ;)