1.08.2011

Worst boss in the world

I always had a hunch that if I had anyone actually working for me I would be deemed the worst boss in the world.  I know that I am the worst boss that I have ever had! Long hours, emergency bathroom breaks only, no phone calls, 5 minute meal breaks, must work 7 days a week, holidays, weekends, work before socialization & if the calendar ever adds on an 8th day to the week you better believe I will be sitting in my sewing chair smiling!  But, at the end of the day I LOVE it! I wouldn't trade it for any other "job" in the world. 
Mr. MOMI is not as much a die hard as me when it comes to the whole "work all day" attitude. I believe he thinks work is slightly overrated so, with a little bit of give & take, at the end of the day, we balance each other out nicely.
Some of you probably don't know this but, way back in the begining of time Mr. MOMI was actually MY boss. gasp! Yes it is VERY true. We met while working at an Italian restaurant in Hawaii. (now doesn't that just sound romantic, haha)  Typical situation..I was the waistress & he was my boss.  It was a Romeo/Juliet sitution, bosses were not permitted to date anyone in the restaurant. Well, that didn't work for us & along came Lily.  The restaurant kept us both around but, in order for it to seem like Mr. MOMI wasn't playing "favorites" with me or giving me any special treatment, I think I was the hardest worked pregnant girl in the history of Auntie Pasto's! It was..Rachel fill the ice bucket, Rachel carry 25 lbs of plates, Rachel take all the extra tables, Rachel work a double the day before you are due.  It was grand & I think I lost weight during that pregnancy.

 Little did Mr. MOMI know that one day the tables would turn and on this day, January 8, 2011 as he turns the wonderful age of 32, he is happily cutting out 27 flirt skirts.  Here's to you Mr. MOMI for letting those tables turn & trying to redeem yourself in everyway that you possibly can...and that my friends is how our world keeps spinning & how I can stand to work at home with my husband everyday.  We are "pro" at it!

***Happy Birthday to you Mr. MOMI!***

1 comment:

Venera said...

Love it! What a suportive husband : ) Happy Birthday!